Everyone works out and everyone has a favorite method. However even if you found the perfect method of training for you, chances that you will get hurt are extremely high. These are some of the reasons why:
- Working out and watching TV kills your concentration and increases the chances of you doing your workout incorrectly therefore getting hurt. It’s kind of like driving your car and watching TV at the same time.
- When you get tired, if you are running, doing the elliptical, the stair stepper or the bike…
- The tendency to slam your feet down instead of placing the feet heel to toe takes over.
- A slight change in the angle of the way you place your feet begins to become apparent. Either a little to the right or to the left, causing undue pressure on the knee and eventually damaging it.
- Your breathing becomes labored and you begin breathing through your mouth. This bypasses the filtering device in your nose and hurts the lungs. It also restricts deep breathing into the lungs making your workout useless…because without oxygen, muscle won’t grow.
- You tend to always do the same workout, laying tracks and damaging your tendons and ligaments.
- You always push yourself beyond your limits.
- You don’t get enough sleep.
- You are not disciplined about the correct way of performing your exercises.
© Copyright – Hector Sectzer