One of the biggest reasons why people don’t get involved in a healthy lifestyle, is fear. Fear drives us to do things that we normally wouldn’t do and also forces us to stay away from things that we should do. Most people don’t pay attention to their health until some sort of catastrophe strikes them. Before this ultimate damage happens, people feel that they would be punishing themselves by embarking on a healthy program. They feel it is too difficult and they would never be able to stick to it. Unfortunately marketing out in the world refuses to simplify how a person can stay fit and healthy. There is more money having people fail and try again than it is in giving them the solution to a healthy path.
Money drives companies to sell the magic pill, lotions and potions as the only thing that you have to take to keep you healthy. Millions of people fall into the jaws of the “yo-yo syndrome” getting discouraged time after time and spending thousands and thousands of dollars just to savor the bitter taste of defeat.
“Get real about what’s real. Understand what it takes to stay fit, which is a lot less exercise than you think, and a lot simpler eating habits than most commercialized programs would like you to believe.”Hector Sectzer
You know that really fit person that doesn’t even seem to try to stay in shape? The person who confesses to actually crave vegetables and looks forward to his/her daily workout, yet never seems to obsess about every calorie and eats dessert without even feeling guilty? That person doesn’t just have really good genes. Whether knowing it or not, she/he has built up a set of habits over the years that allows him/her to stay in shape without putting in a lot of effort. And those habits can equal the difference between a really fit person—and a couch potato.
7 Things Really Fit People Do to Stay in Shape
- They don’t diet.
- They find a way to enjoy exercise.
- They prioritize their health and fitness.
- They don’t eat perfect 100% of the time.
- They get a lot of sleep.
- They hang around other fit people.
- They stay active outside of the gym .
By Krista Stryker
Additional Things Fit People Do to Stay in Shape
- They eat to live…not live to eat
- They don’t try to exercise to exhaustion
- The understand that fun active activities are exercise
- They don’t follow fad diets or training practices
- They eat any and all the FOOD they want…no chemicals
- They understand when the body needs rest if it’s even for 10 minutes
- They are not influenced by other people, friends or relatives’ bad nutrition habits
- They make sure to see the sun for at least 15 minutes a day