(CNN)Should you eat before or after exercise in the morning? The debate has raged for years.
The eat-first camp says food before exercise boosts blood sugars, giving the body fuel to increase the intensity and length of a workout. It also keeps you from being fatigued or dizzy.
When trying to lose weight, morning meals are better than evening ones
The eat-after camp says you burn more fat if you fast before exercise.
A small UK study published Friday supports the latter point of view: In 30 obese or overweight men, those who exercised before breakfast burned twice the fat as men who ate breakfast before they worked out.
That’s because exercising with no fuel forces the body to turn to stored carbs, and when those are quickly gone, so are fat cells.
I BELIEVE that exercising in the morning is beneficial for a number of reasons:
- You don’t have to worry about exercising the whole day
- You don’t have to go to the gym tired from work
- You are less likely to skip a workout
- You can get over your workout first thing in the morning and have it give you energy for the rest of the day
- You can enjoy your breakfast that much better
- And now…you can burn twice the amount of fat!!!
© Copyright – Hector Sectzer