Whey protein is the most popular type of protein supplement available today. Produced as a byproduct from milk coagulation (to make cheese or yogurt), whey has a high protein content.
Whey Protein Side Effects & known issues
Whey protein is rapidly digested, making it a good product to take after heavy exercise, as it is quickly utilized by the body. Hemp protein is slow digesting, making it ideal for supplementation between meals and before bedtime.
Whey Protein with artificial ingredients and sweeteners
It is important to note that, unlike GOOD Hemp Nutrition range, most whey protein supplements are mixed with artificial ingredients and sweeteners in order to make it more palatable. These additional ingredients can detract from weight loss goals, cause sugar craving and suppress immune function.
Allergies and intolerances to Whey
Whey protein causes digestive disturbances and bloating in people who are lactose intolerant. Do not use whey protein if you have a milk allergy. There have been no allergies or intolerances associated with hemp and hemp protein.
When and How Should whey protein Be Taken?
Protein powder can really be taken any time of the day as needed to help you reach your ideal daily protein intake.
More specifically though…
- Whey protein powder is most ideal in your post workout meal. Immediately before and/or during your workout is ideal as well if needed or preferred.
- Casein protein powder is most ideal in your last meal before bed.
- Hemp protein powder is most ideal in your last meal before bed.
- Whey protein, combined with other foods, casein by itself, or a whey/casein blend is all pretty much equally ideal as a protein source for any of your regular meals at any other times of the day.
As for “how” to take it, it’s fast and simple…
- Take however many scoops you need and put it into some sort of cup or bottle.
- Add in as much liquid (water, milk, fruit juice, etc.) as you want for the best possible taste.
- If needed, add in whatever other ingredients you feel like adding. (This step is completely optional.)
- Mix for a few seconds. You can either stir it with a spoon or, better yet, get a shaker bottle.
- Drink your shake.
As for what liquid is best to mix it with, any liquid is technically fine as long as you are paying close attention to the calories and other nutrients that liquid is adding to your daily diet.
© Copyright – Hector Sectzer