Quercetin is a powerful antioxidant naturally occurring in a wide variety of plant foods. In fact, quercetin research indicates it to be one of the most potent antioxidants with numerous health benefits.
Many athletes supplement with quercetin to reduce muscle inflammation caused by intense workouts. According to a study published in the International Journal of Preventative Medicine, quercetin supplementation significantly improves athletic performance, increased metabolic rate and lean mass among athletes.
The following foods are a rich source of quercetin:
Foods rich in isoquercitrin also include leafy vegetables, red onions, peppers, grapes, black tea, green tea, red wine, and some fruit juices. The amount of Eating foods that stimulate and enhance the fat burning process will help us reduce fat more effectively received from food is primarily dependent on an individual’s dietary habits.
Your best fat burner is not going to come in a bottle, a single pill or a single drink, but by eating foods containing certain compounds. We can increase the rate we burn fat naturally according to nutrition research.
Eating foods that stimulate and enhance the fat burning process will help us reduce fat more effectively. Adding metabolism boosting foods will be a great supplement to your existing workout and nutrition program.
The following foods are shown to increase our metabolism:
- Hot peppers (active component capsaicin)
- Green tea (active component caffeine)
- Black coffee (active component caffeine)
- Cold water (500 ml of water daily increased metabolic rate by 30%)
- Whole grains (aiding component fiber and iron)
- Yogurt (aiding component calcium and probiotics)
- Apples (aiding component fiber)
- Nuts and seeds (aiding component essential fatty acids)
- Fatty fish (aiding component Omega-3 fatty acids)
© Copyright – Hector Sectzer