One of the greatest sins of weight loss is the fact that most people lose weight incorrectly in a given period of time, keep it off for a short period, and then put back on the weight loss plus additional unwanted pounds.
This happens over and over through all the years and people get discouraged and give up. The type of stress that the body is put under, plus the mental strain that goes along with it causes disappointment, anger, depression, and eventually total failure. This type of behavior or syndrome is called “yoyo syndrome.
” Millions upon millions of people suffer from this syndrome and it’s the main reason why the weight loss industry has reached trillions of dollars and over 60% of the population is heavily overweight or obese. There are ways to overcome the “yoyo syndrome,” however it takes time and more than anything a lot of patience.}
The body is designed to survive and for that reason it needs the necessary nutrients that will allow it to keep on living. Fortunately or unfortunately, however you want to look at it the human body is very forgiven and has the tendency to be kind enough to store any garbage that you put into it in its fat cells. This does not go unpunished for the additional weight causes some extremely dangerous medical conditions that eventually makes people suffer in pain and even activate fatal medical conditions.
So here is my suggestion that has work very well for many people in the past to be able to eliminate the “yoyo syndrome.”
* Understand Macros: Make sure that your meals consist or balance macronutrients.
* Eat Right: Every meal should consist of protein, complex carbohydrates, and fat. o A Palm of protein. o A fist of vegetables o A cupped hand of complex carbohydrates o A thumb of fat
* You will Fail Before You Succeed: The chance that you will initially gain more weight when you are first eating correctly is very likely because your body will hold on to the junk in the fat cells until it realizes that you’re actually putting necessary nutrients in the body and it’s OK to let go or burn that fat.
* Patience: Be patient because to be able to lose weight and keep it off takes a lot more time than you in most cases are willing to give it. A person that takes 20 to 30 years abusing their body wants to lose weight in a couple of weeks to a month for all the wrong reasons. Because they have a wedding to go to, because they just met someone, because they want to make somebody jealous, or just because they want to overcome their insecurity.
* Hydration: Make sure that you keep hydrated, and not give into the popular idea that you have to drink a lot, a lot of water. Water is used to cool the body down and many times when a person is thirsty, they psychologically believe that they are hungry, know the difference and act accordingly.
* Be consistent: Understand that losing weight is not a straight-line journey, but rather a succession of ups and downs. The idea here is too clench to the ups and deal in a rational manner with downs. You are in a win situation if you keep on losing weight , however because muscle is heavier done fat and as your body makes the transition from fat elimination to muscle building, sometimes the weight loss will not show on the scale. So throw away the scale and measure your weight loss according to the way your clothing fits.
* The kitchen: Understand that the kitchen is where you lose the weight, and the gym is where you chisel your body. Also understand that when you work out you are going to want to eat more food, so if you strain your body with hard and arduous workouts you will want more food and more than likely you will reach for the wrong nutrition. So don’t set yourself up for failure.
* Be Active: Stay active as much as possible without overdoing it, remember any type of stress physical or mental will interfere with your weight loss.
* Don’t Quit: “The difference between a winner and a loser is that the loser quit” – Vikrmn. That quote is absolutely true and points out the fact that many people quit too soon. Additionally it takes a number of failures to achieve success. Failures are a succession of lessons designed to learn from that will eventually guide you to victory.
* Listen to your body: It is of utmost importance that you learn to understand how the body communicates with you to let you know that it requires certain nutrition. Please refer to some of my videos to see how to listen to your body and give it what it wants.
Be aware that “the mind will always lie to you” because it is constantly influenced by your bad decisions, so understand when your body is talking to you and when your mind is undermining what your body is trying to tell you.
© Copyright – Hector Sectzer