Different types of arthritis exist, each with different causes including wear and tear, infections, and underlying diseases. Symptoms include pain, swelling, reduced range of motion, and stiffness. Medications, physical therapy, or sometimes surgery helps reduce symptoms and improve quality of life.
Arthritis can impair your daily activities
Arthritis is the swelling and tenderness of one or more of your joints. The main symptoms of arthritis are joint pain and stiffness, which typically worsen with age. The most common types of arthritis are osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis.
Before choosing a severe treatment, drugs or surgery, traying natural solutions might be the key to solve the painful issues of arthritis. Consult your physician if a natural cure would be safe and/or beneficial for your condition. Below are a list of herbs that could help you overcome the pains of arthritis.
There are several choices to try to ease the pain of arthritis:
- The most common choice is taking Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs). Over the counter NSAIDs include ibuprofen (Advil, Motrin IB, others) and naproxen (Aleve). Some types of NSAIDs are available only by prescription.
- Avoid foods that cause arthritic pain
- Physical therapy
- Natural remedies
Foods that will help ease the inflammation of and reduce the pain of arthritis:
- Fatty fish
- Olive Oil
- Tart cherry Juice
Eating fatty fish will help relieve arthritis pain
Foods to Avoid when you have Arthritis
- Fried and processed.
- Sugars and refined carbs.
- Alcohol and tobacco.
- Salt and preservatives.
- Corn oil.
Natural herbs that can help with arthritic conditions
- Stinging Nettle: Rich in chlorophyll and powerful alkaloids that neutralize uric acid naturally
- Celery Seed: Improves pH balance. Chemicals in celery seem to reduce the ability of bacteria to cause urinary tract infections (UTIs)
- Birch & Willow: Both support all types of joint, muscle, and nerve discomfort
- Alfalfa: It contains an incredible amount of minerals
- Devil’s Claw: Devil’s claw has been proposed as a potential remedy for inflammatory conditions because it contains plant compounds called iridoid glycosides, particularly harpagoside. In test-tube and animal studies, harpagoside has curbed inflammatory responses
- Boswella: also known as Indian frankincense, is an herbal extract taken from the Boswellia serrata tree. Resin made from boswellia extract has been used for centuries in Asian and African folk medicine. It’s believed to treat chronic inflammatory illnesses as well as a number of other health conditions.
© Copyright – Hector Sectzer