Celery is one of the most nutritious vegetables we can consume, as it is a rich source of magnesium, potassium, and vitamins C, A, B, and K. It is also high in phytonutrients, which act as potent anti-inflammatory and antioxidant agents, strengthen the immune system, boosts the intracellular communication, and repairs DNA damage.
- Celery is a great source of important antioxidants. …
- Celery reduces inflammation.
- Celery supports digestion.
- Celery is rich in vitamins and minerals with a low glycemic index.
- Celery has an alkalizing effect.
The following are the vitamins and minerals fresh celery contains for one cup of chopped raw celery (about 101 grams):
3.5 grams carbohydrates
0.7 gram protein
0.2 gram fat
1.6 grams fiber
29.6 micrograms vitamin K (37 percent DV)
453 international units (9 percent DV)
36.5 micrograms folate (9 percent DV)
263 milligrams potassium (8 percent DV)
3.1 milligrams vitamin C (5 percent DV)
0.1 milligram manganese (5 percent DV)
0.1 milligram vitamin B6 (4 percent DV)
40.4 milligrams calcium (4 percent DV)
0.1 milligram riboflavin (3 percent DV)
11.1 milligrams magnesium (3 percent DV)
Celery also contains some vitamin E, niacin, pantothenic acid, iron, phosphorus, zinc, and selenium.”
Additional benefits confirmed by Researchers on the health benefits of celery:
- Celery treats and prevents chronic inflammation
- It regulates the pH balance of the body
- it helps weight loss since it is low in calories but high in fiber
- Celery helps digestion and treats stomach issues and constipation
- It is 96% water, so it hydrates the body
- It lowers the risk of gastritis and gastric ulcers
- It treats urinary tract infections as it has potent diuretic properties
- It soothes the nervous system and helps you fall asleep
- It regulates cholesterol and blood pressure, as it contains phthalide
- It is low in acids and relieves heartburn and acid reflux
- Celery is abundant in vitamin A, so it improves vision, treats dry eyes, and protects the cornea
- It acts as a natural aphrodisiac since it is rich in the male pheromones, androstanol, and androsterone
- It boosts the levels of the hormone aldosterone, so it improves male’s fertility and the count of sperm
© Copyright – Hector Sectzer