While anxiety is often thought to be related to an underlying condition, and rightly so, however anxiety is not always related to a previous negative experience.
Anxiety may be caused by:
* Stress that can result from peer pressure, work, school, personal relationship.
* Early or current emotional trauma.
* Financial problems.
* Stress caused by a chronic or serious medical condition.
* A past or present major event or performance.
* Side effect of certain medications.
* Alcohol consumption and/or drugs.
* Lack of oxygen from a condition or simply improper breathing practices.
You’re not alone. 1 in 13 globally suffers from anxiety.
The WHO reports that anxiety disorders are the most common mental disorders worldwide. – Report by the Anxiety and Depression Association of America. Common anxiety signs and symptoms include:
1. Feeling nervous, restless or tense;
2. Having a sense of impending danger, panic or doom;
3. Having an increased heart rate;
4. Breathing rapidly (hyperventilation);
7. Feeling weak or tired;
8. Trouble concentrating or thinking about anything other than the present worry;
9. Having trouble sleeping;
10. Experiencing gastrointestinal (GI) problems;
11. Having difficulty controlling worry;
12. Having the urge to avoid things that trouble us.
© Copyright – Hector Sectzer